Thursday, December 27, 2012

Barnes and Noble, helping people sin :)

Barnes and Noble.

Perhaps the most ruthless bookstore in the world. My husband mentioned a few days ago that they have successfully run almost every other big chain bookstore out of business. Walden books is in like NO malls anymore. Borders? Haven't seen one of those in forever.

Does this stop us from spending our precious child free Date Nights wandering around the shelves with our coffee in hand? NOPE!

So this is the first place I go when shopping...for anyone, for anything. I had finished my parade around the store and my arms were full of exactly what I came for... nothing more. Usually I can't get out without 3 things I never knew I needed. Z and I are standing in line waiting for the next available cashier and there on the strategically placed table is a little black book that reads...

  Well, I didn't have a choice! I grabbed it as the cashier called me over and I placed it on the counter with my other treasures. And MAN! Am I glad I did. It is a fabulous book. It's full of suggestions on ways you can be truly selfish. Personally? I don't know if I could get through the entire year. I might be able to pull off 1-3 a month. But, no matter, because I didn't keep this book. I gave it to my good friend Sharon. She will be braver than I in implementing some of the suggestions.

Suggestions like:

I could probably bring myself to do something like this. Silly and laughed off :)

I LOVE the 'rest for the wicked' warning on these 2.

This one I loved for the list of suggested routes at the bottom :)


Other note worthy ideas were:

Attend a religious service for the snacks.
play with your childs toys.
Fake an accent for a day.
Purposely fart during a major life moment.
Pretend to be single for a day.
Pretend it's your birthday.
Eat the last cookie.
Skip work and go to the beach.
Commission a self portrait.
Slide down the banister.
Follow an ambulance through traffic.
Invent a religious holiday to get out of working.
Eat only things that contain chocolate.
Eat ice cream for breakfast.

These are the ones I could copy down before Z yelled at me because the holiday wrapping party had suddenly ceased.

So if anyone is looking to be charitable this new years (or anytime during 2013 as we accept donations all year), please don't hesitate to email me about the newly founded "Hands off my moolah" club. It's a fabulous group of me collecting money for...me.

Happy new years.
ING
!jen

No comments:

Post a Comment